GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl
GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

A forum for all the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1965-1996, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

dual exhaust for an olds B

quaddriver

dual exhaust for an olds B

Post  quaddriver on Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:38 pm

I have a 78 98 with the 403., just changed my registration to antique, now I can do whatever I want to it and the state cant say boo. I want to do duals as the stock 403 gains 20-25hp just letting it breath thru 2 pipes. already did a cop bar on the rear, found a set of year correct rallys, rebuilt the 400 to handle whatever I end up doing to the 403...

however, its no longer the 80's and parts for this just aint around. Its been in fact 18 years since I restored/modified my last set of full size wagons and parts were getting hard then...

I need essentially muffler mounts and both tailpipes, the I-pipe and the pipes off the manifolds I can handle. the crossmember I can weld creatively (I see from some photos someone makes a section you can weld in after a few cuts?

any chance any old 77-80-something cop stuff is still around?

there are still a couple shops around and if I could get a bend card for the pipes (I know, Im dating myself...)

thanks...

Current date/time is Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:03 pm